Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Come down to Georgia with me please!"

Danae and I are currently headed down to Georgia thanks to my parents who are willing the drive us the the head of the trail. Only an 11 hour drive from Accident. 11 hours seems like a long car ride, but 11 hours will seem like a short journey when our legs are headed for Maine. Before leaving I had to do one last thing... Buzz my hair. I figured that short hair (or no hair) will be easier to maintain while we are out in the middle of the woods without a shower for several days. Danae also cut her hair shorter than I've ever seen it. When she puts it in a ponytail I call it her nub. My parents agreed to eat at The Cheesecake Facotry in Knoxville TN this evening. This will be our "Last Supper". My goal? Stuff as many calories down my throat as possible. Is this goal a sin or me being wise? Anyways, a hiker burns on average 6,000 calories a day. That's almost three times the amount I normally use in a day. Having too much food in our stomach will never be a problem while we are on the trail. 

Yesterday Danae and I were headed back to our home from Bible Quiz camp. On the way back we were discussing how this AT trip is like a wedding. For the last 2 months we have been planning our trip in great detail, making sure that we are completely prepared for "the big day".  The last couple days have been suspenseful. We are excited and nevous; glad that this day has finally come! I wish my legs luck. 

4 comments:

  1. I see what you did there with the title :)

    -Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome guys!!!! :)

    - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had no idea y'all were doing this 'til I just got an email from your mom, Danae! I'll be eager to read your updates. :) Be safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blogger friend of mine just told me about your blog so I'm a bit late following you along your journey but I plan to read it all. What a great thing to do. I love to walk and take a daily walk around my town which is ACCIDENT. Small world. : )

    ReplyDelete